We are excited to say that we have successfully been re-certified as a CTPAT business. Being CTPAT certified means that GAR Products has gone through training, set up protocols and has complied with guidelines set up by the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
CTPAT stands for Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism. This voluntary joint government-business initiative builds relationships that strengthen overall supply chains and border security. Customs and Border Protection requests that businesses reinforce their security practices and communicate their security guidelines to business partners within the supply chain. CTPAT enables businesses to play a major role in the war against terrorism and ensure a more secure supply chain for their employees, suppliers, and customers.
GAR Products and its management commit to participate in the CTPAT program, and to implement procedures, and practices consistent with the CTPAT Importer Security Criteria enforced by Customs and Border Protection. As participants in the CTPAT program, it is our policy to:
- Implement, follow, and maintain procedures and practices that are consistent with the CTPAT Security Criteria.
- Cooperate with Customs in its efforts to ensure the security of the supply chain.
- Meet the recommended business and security practices.
- Provide security guidelines and training for GAR Products employees
- Maintain a safe environment for our employees and visitors.
- Investigate any situation or significant event which may be related to a breach in cargo security or any CTPAT criteria and notify the proper authorities.
- Review and update security practices and procedures on a regular basis